Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bits and bobs

My head is down and I am busily working through the last of my edits on my current wip. The fact that I really like it means that there will probably be tons of revisions, simply because I am far too close.

I did the draw for my June contest -- Noemie and Jane have been contacted and next time I go to the Post Office, the books will winging their way to them. Many thanks to all who entered.

My next newsletter goes out on 1 July (or thereabouts). Because I am doing a workshop on E harlequin about Goal,Motivation and Conflict -- Upping the stakes, I will be giving away a critque for the first three chapters as having my usual contest for a book...

The current mother duck is an awful mother. She was one of those animals who enjoyed sitting on her eggs far more than the reality of having ducklings. She has a tendency to preen while the ducklings run wild/get into difficulties or simply get lost. She also wanders off leaving the ducklings asleep or eating .They then notice, and run after her cheeping furiously. It is all rather nerve wracking. She started with about 10, and is now down to five...

2 comments:

Donna Alward said...

"The fact that I really like it means that there will probably be tons of revisions, simply because I am far too close."

See, that's exactly how I feel right now. Sigh.

Jen Black said...

Not one of your natural mother ducks, then!

Where do we find your workshop, Michelle?

Jen Black