Sunday, May 03, 2009

Hexham Book Festival


The Hexham Book Festival went well. There was a definite buzz about the town. The panel was informative and hopefully everyone who attended could see how passionate we all were about writing and reading romance.

Natasha Oakley pointed out a very importnat fact. Mills & Boon outsells all the other publishers of women's fiction. It is the largest publisher of women's fiction in the world. But for some reason, this fact often escapes people.
Sheila Hodgson who is truly awesome did say at the end that they are looking for new authors across ALL the series. The editors really want to find new stars and unlike many other publishers, they do really all submissions. All three authors came from the slush pile orginally. None had submitted through the RNA or an agent.

BTW I did my level best to ruin the photo. Natasha, Sharon and Sheila Hodgson -- all look lovely. I did my forced smile. My daughter took the photo.

3 comments:

Judy Jarvie said...

Thanks for that report Michelle-glad you had a good time. I so wish I could have been there (but my good behaviour outings are strictly limited).
It's wonderful to read that they want newbies for all lines. Makes my pulse skip whenever I read that.
You look wonderful in the photo btw.

Nell Dixon said...

Wish I could have been there. You look lovely, as always.

Julie Cohen said...

I think you look gorgeous! As do Natasha, Sharon and Sheila.