Sunday, December 21, 2008

Recovering

As several people have asked, my cold is nearly gone. I feel far more human and ready to take on the world. It has taken about three weeks.

Luckily I am blessed with lovely children who helped and a husband who when he was not busy dying from The Cold also helped.

Nell's suggestion of honey -- a teaspoonful taken every time one begins to cough really helped.

My hope is that the family will be well for Christmas. There have been rumours of the Winter Vomiting Bug in the village... My fingers are firmly crossed that we avoid it. Been there, done that one about seven years ago.

Currently I am busy working away on my latest wip. I ended up abandoning the one I start before the flu in favour of this one. But it is starting to come on and I am excited about writing it, even if it is slightly morphing.

2 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Glad your feeling better!

Avi J said...

Glad to know your recovery is great. In my country its the rainy season and the flu is at its peak. Every day I keep up with my vitamins so l aviod it. Its a good thing too cause my whole family has it and l have to be a nurse to then (lol).