Saturday, May 08, 2010

Revisons hit

My editor worked late and got me her initial thoughts. It is the Same Old Problem that has plagued me recently -- lack of attitude on the part of the heroine. What happens is that she becomes flat and the others around her are better defined. In short she is too bland and became a conduit of information rather than a Person in her own right.

The hero needs some adjusting as well.

But it is going to be a massive rewrite rather than simple tweaks. Luckily such things currently are par for the course with me so I am not phased. It is just a matter of working with it.

I did hear that the book that was accepted in March will be out in March 2011.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Good luck with the revisions. And great news with the latest. But March seems a *long* way off to wait *sigh*. Caroline x

Kate Hardy said...

Good luck with the revisions. You know you can do it, and you'll do it well :o)

Jackie Ashenden said...

Good luck, Michelle!