Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wet soaking wet

It rains on the just and the unjust and today it is raining on me. A coldwet get in your bones sort rain. it makes me feel damp to look at if from my window. Even the ducks appear less than fond of this sort ofweather. And you know it has to be bad to make aduck look miserable.
The butter is out softening on the butcher's block and in a little while Iwill make some ginger snaps for when the children arrive home. At least they should prove warming as no doubt all three will complain of having to walk in this rain.
Therain sort of echoes my mood. I am on the day after I sent my mss off mode. A slight loose end feeling as I have not reallly got my teeth into the next one. I spent the morning doing a critque for one of my cps and thus have one less thing on my to do list for the week.
The two other big things are to write the first draft of my Reseach Behind the Book article and then to sort out the basics for the workshop I am giving at the RNA Conference in Penrith on Creating your Historical World. Maybe Making Your Historical World Come Alive would be a better title.
Anyway, it is going to be about setting.
And I need to do more preliminary work on my new wip. The whys and wherefores. I have a good idea of my hero and heroine which is a start at least.

3 comments:

Donna Alward said...

:-) I'm glad I was at the top of your to-do list! LOL

Sun's out here, but I think I feel the same as you do....but I think mine's a chest infection that's making the rounds.

Nell Dixon said...

I hate that at a loose endish feeling, where you can't quite settle to anything.

Anonymous said...

Sunny here, but a biting east wind. And ohhhh, ginger snaps... Lucky children! (Mine will complain because Wednesday is grocery shopping day.)

That end-of-book feeling is horrible, but it will pass. (That's why I write books back-to-back - I hate being at a loose end or feeling purposeless.)