Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day

Today is Boxing Day in the UK - -when the poor boxes were traditionally opened and istributed to the poor. Unlike the US, today is a bank holiday in the UK. Some sales start but mainly, it is a day for watching sport, going for brisk walks, having another large meal, going to watch the hunt -- that sort of thing.

We are going to go for a bracing walk soon.

Christmas morning started at 3:50 am when my dh nudged me and asked if I knew it was ten to four. For get the children waking early.It is my dh. Then once, he stirred and went down to make tea, my eldest came in and said that he was having trouble sleeping, and seeing as we were up. We finally went down stairs at 5 am. After Mass, I had a nap.

We coped without the Aga and Christmas diner was lovely compete with roasted vegetables and a well cooked ham. My dh decided to make sweet cabbage -- boiled cabbage with apples and cranberries -- it was surprisingly good -- a vriation on Nigel Slater as he thought the cranberries might go off. The cranberries added a welcome tartness. We even had Christmas pudding for dessert.
However I shall be v glad when the Aga is finally fixed as the kitchen is so v cold without it.

I have been v good and have not started my wip, even though my muse is start to scream in my ear. I keep just jotting down notes. But I am v excited about this one. I do love writing and miss it when I am not in the midst of a novel.

Now is the time to begin thinking about goals for 2007. One of my major ones is going to be shed weight. I am tired of having writing bum. There are also certain writing goals and PR goals that I want to do, but more about this later. My eldest and youngest were given computer games for Christmas and so I am getting the long suffering looks...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto on the New Year's goals.

cheers,
liz

Jessica Raymond said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day, Michelle. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jess x

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a lovely day!

With you on the writer's bum goal - maybe we can cheer each other on and motivate each other there :o)

Happy new year.