Today is Thanksgiving in the US. For a number of reason, we have our big meal on Saturday as it is not an official holiday over here in the UK.
I like to think about my blessings So here are five things I am thankful for this year.
1. My family and the way my children are growing up.
2. My friends and the support they have offered me over the past year.
3. My writing. I am so glad to be writing stories I love and having them published. It is a dream come true.
4. My readers -- I am really pleased when I hear that one of my books has touched somene's life or simply that a reader enjoyed it enough to want to read something else of mine.
5. Where I live. I know I am bless to live a truly beautiful area with green rolling hills and biog biblical skies. If you want to see what the skies look like around here, look at the Victorian painter, JohnMartin. The skies he paints are Haydon Bridge skies. Every morning when I come back from taking my youngest to school, I see it spread out below me and think how lucky I am.
I do know that I am truly blessed, and I have many many things to be thankful for.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthful Thanksgiving and many many blessing over the coming year.
And in case anyone is wondering, my children put on the modern Christmas carols this morning. I always play Christmas carols on Thanksgiving to mark the day. But this year I have been playing the collections of traditional carols to get me in the mood for writing NCC. My children are not too fond of them. Thus we had Polar Express music put on with great glee this morning...