Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tuppence update

Tuppence is getting better. Aftersulking most of theday in the airing cupboard, she did come out and deign to eat. This morning, she decided the left over tuna from my making of sandwiches was very muchto her taste.
Her sister, Penny is still refusing to recognise her. She hisses and does not want to eat. Whether it is the cone Tuppence is wearing or the smell from the operation...I don't know. The dogs have done the same thing. Most peculiar.

I am now going on an egg hunt every day as the hens have decided it is much more fun to lay their eggs in the garden rather in the nest boxes in the hen house. Why? I also have to be quick so that I get the eggs before the crows descend. Unfortunately the crows mostly get the duck eggs.

On the plus side, I am now for the first time in about a year having a surfiet of eggs and can comfortably bake again.

The wip continues slowly.

1 comment:

Donna Alward said...

Glad your kitty's on the mend.

A surfeit of eggs? Perhaps you can bake something along with your surfeit of courgettes? LOL