Saturday, February 28, 2009

Working through problems.

There has been a phrase on the first page of my current ms, that has been bothering me. Yesterday, I think I finally figured out why and how to change it. Progress of a sort. I think it will work better. Three little words but it is a first page and so you have to be picky.
I have been taking my time with these revisions but now I am into the rewriting of a couple scenes stage.
The problem with this particular scene as that it has been rewritten from scratch at least three times before. It is a pivotal scene, but it has to be right. The big reason for the change is that I brought someone back from the dead, and my editor decided that it would be much better if he were truly dead and heroic,, rather than alive and brainwashed. So I have had to figure out how to do things, but I think I have it.

Repeat after me -- I do like revisions. In fact I love revisions. Revisions make a story stronger.

3 comments:

Jen Black said...

Mighty difficult to have a heroic but dead hero, I would have thought!
I found the bits on internal conflict in the Myers section and am taking note!
Jen

Donna Alward said...

Naw, kill him off while he's still heroic, rather than give him the chance to falter.

And you love revisions. Revisions make the book stronger. Most importantly: You can do this.

Anonymous said...

You LOOOOOOOOOVE revisions. And revisions love you.