Friday, February 13, 2009

Twilight

My daughter has discovered Twilight. A friend of hers has lent her the first two books. She adores them. Apparently Edward is wet but there is a friend of his who rocks.
I was intrigued and asked to read them over half term. But no, she is returning the first two and getting the third one. Another friend of theirs had read them in 24 hours and my daughter is determined to repeat the feat.
I suspect that there will be a request for all four and this is a ploy...However, the books obviously speak to her.
Vampires in general are not my cup of tea. I can remember being physically sick after seeing Andy Warhol's Dracula. It probably had something to do with the train I had been travelling on that day hitting a suicidal man. But I suspect that I ought to at least try to read the books.
Does anyone know how long this obsession lasts? Should I get the books or not?

But it is the sharing of books that leads me to believe that ebooks will generally occupy a niche market as they can not be traded or transferred. When you find a great author, you want to share and many times, you want to put the book into the person's hand and say -- Read. I don't care what you say about not liking xy or z. Just read. It is a bit harder to do with an e-book.