Thursday, January 26, 2006

Day of my birth

It's my birthday. So I am having a quiet day.

I have had my cake -- carrot with cream cheese icing. The younger two helped make it, and then fought over who was going to ice it. The younger one by getting up early did most of it. And a very fine job he did of it as well. The middle put the candles on in such a fashion, it was nearly impossible to blow them all out in one go. Luckily I have big lungs. The eldest had made and designed the card. Under my dh's orders, this was hand done -- not on the computer.

We then had the cake for breakfast -- an old and established tradition as then we are altogether. No presents to open because my main present was Prague. It feel quite nice to collect cities for my birthday. The last two years were Rome. My dh is making noises about Budapest for next year.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle.

I like the idea of collecting cities.

Sue Child

Anna Louise Lucia said...

I Love the idea of collecting cities for your birthday! Husband and I, notoriously nervous travellers abroad, are starting to think about city breaks...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Michelle! (And you kept that VERY quiet.)

Lovely idea, collecting cities for your birthday.

Hope you have a wonderful day and the kids and your DH spoil you rotten!

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless. Dogs are very good at doing that. (Mine is currently doing the 'well, I know just I walked over the glue on the floor and spread it all over your new flooring, and I know I made a fuss when you scrubbed the glue off my paws and you explained why you had to get it off me, but I am a poor, hard-done-by spaniel' bit.)

Anonymous said...

aaagh! Sorry, Michelle, this was meant to be on someone else's... (Sigh, I should know better about doing two things at once)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle! :)

Donna Alward said...

Happiest of birthdays to you. And I love your cover...though he reminds me of a leaner, hotter version of "Bull" from Band of Brothers. LOL

Julie Cohen said...

I'm glad it was a happy day for you, and I am very envious of your cake and your cities!

Michelle Styles said...

Many thanks for all your birthday wishes. It helped make it a special one.

Anonymous said...

Budapest is another city I've been too. Very lovely, but smoggy. Good spas, lovely food too. Paprika was never the same after Budapest. I'm glad you are so happy on your birthday.