Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tagged If I could be a....

Julie Cohen tagged me, so I am tagging Kate Hardy, Kate Allan, and Anna Lucia.
How you play: choose five statements to write about and then tag three other bloggers. I doubt I will be as lyrical as Sela or as funny as Julie but here goes:
If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an innkeeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a backup dancer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be a midget stripper...If I could be a proctologist...If I could be a TV-Chat Show host...If I could be an actor...If I could be a judge...If I could be a Jedi...If I could be a mob boss...If I could be a backup singer...If I could be a CEO...If I could be a movie reviewer....

If I could be a mob boss…bada bing, I’d make my muse an offer she couldn’t refuse and my characters will all behave the way I wanted them too instead of demanding a piece of da action or they would sleep with the fishes.

If I could be a psychologist….I would understand the inner turmoil and emotional conflicts of my characters and I could schedule regular appointments. Come on to my couch I would say and they would. Instead of waiting to whispers their secrets in the super market, as I am driving or worse still as I am trying to pay attention to someone else.

If I could be a chef…I could cook up exquisite stories where all the ingredients are in exactly the right proportion. Not too much suspense, a dab of danger, supcon of spice and barrel loads of emotional punch.

If I could be a gardener…I would make sure my plots grew with the minimum of weeds. The varieties known as meandering subplotus, pernacious secondus and otherus ideaus are most rampant. I would have no problem pruning my work into shape and my ideas would always bloom at the correct time.

If I could be a doctor…I could easily heal the gaping wounds in my stories, the missing limbs I didn’t notice until someone pointed them out, and the terminally ill manuscripts….
Okay, so it is some one else's turn to play.

No comments: