Thursday, July 10, 2008

revising my opinion

The bookcase is now in and looks good. It has opened up the room no end. However, I still want to hang on to my Ikea bookcase...

Yes, STC may be didactic, BUT it makes you think.Because the joiner put the bookcase in my study yesterday, I decided to a beat sheet for my wip. I continued to work on it when I was waiting for my dd's performance to begin. Suddenly I realised that chapter 3 ended in the wrong place. It had to end on a turning point. It is sort of why parts have felt a bit awkward aand missing a beat.
Thus I will now work through the various parts of the STC. I am not entirely convinced about the story board though. It is more the thought of using index cards...
We will not go into the Index Card Incident and why I gave them up...Suffice it say they constrain me far more than liberate. I like my Moleskine notebooks.

In case anyone is not aware, Francesco de Mosta is back on BBC 2. on both Tuesdays and Wednesdays. That voice. The passion he brings to his subject. I thought it was just Tuesdays and luckily had set Sky box up to record the series or otherwise I would have missed yesterday's episode. They are always so well done. We will not mention the leather log book. Or the beauty of the boat. Or the captain's potential as a hero. It is just wonderful entertainment. I would hate to miss an episode...

1 comment:

Liz Fielding said...

I spotted the boat's captain, Michelle. Even if I wasn't besotted with Francesco, I'd have to keep watching for the potential hero material. I rather like the girl who's the steward, too. She has the stuff that heroine's are made of.