Wednesday, April 30, 2008

National Year of Reading


In the UK, there is a new government back initiative -- the National Year of Reading. To help launch the year, they have produced an advert -- a mash of celebrities reading out loud. It is wonderful. Part of it has a man reading a M&B Modern in a bar. I am still trying to figure out which Modern.

Anyway, another part of the scheme is to have a Writer in Residence in each of the 149 library authorities. I was chosen to be the Writer in Residence for Northumberland. It was confirmed yesterday. So I get to help Northumberland celebrate the National Year of Reading. Hooray. Libraries are so important. I love and adore them. There is just a certain something about the possibilities...
And to quote the end of the advert -- reading any time, anywhere.

6 comments:

juliemt said...

It's Public Scandal, Private Mistress by Susan Napier.

Michelle Styles said...

I am SO impressed Julie. But then your knowledge of series titles is immense.

Thanks. I had wondered.

Donna Alward said...

Oh the advert is great! "11 piglets!" they did a great job putting it together.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the appointment!!!

juliemt said...

I'd love to say that I spotted it straight away, Michelle, but I had to take a quick look round my shelves before I was sure. But I was positive that it was a book by an Aus/NZ writer.

Michelle Styles said...

But you were still quick Julie and I remain impressed.
I am pleased you like the advert, Donna.
And many thanks Liz. I am still thrilled.