Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday morning blahs

Yesterday, I basically took the day off. I also did the bees as I am attempting to remove a brood box and the boxes desperately needed to be reversed for this to happen.
A small point -- bees get v tetchy before a thunderstorm. Cue -- multiple bee stings.
Beekeeping where you take the sting with the sweet.
Anyway, the first stage of the process is done and I have put ointment on the stings. My pride is also slightly hurt. And I should have listened to my gut instinct rather than my dh's blandishment of oh look how still and warm it has become...
After being stung, I did sit down and watch What Women Want -- it is very amusing , but it is all about the Mel Gibson's character's growth arc, rather than the growth arc of his romantic interest.
Today is a day for doing little jobs and not letting the day get away from me. I should clean. I am making bread. And will probably do a batch of peanut butter cookies for when the children come home as we now do have enough sugar in the house. Making bread can be very therapeutic and the price of bread has gone up far more than the price of flour and yeast. It makes sense once again to bake. I tend to make much less exotic bread than my dh. He likes doing the chile cheese breads, and breads that seem to take ages and then go with savoury meals only. I prefer the sort of every day bread that can be used for a number of different things.
He learnt to bake bread when I refused to make chile cheese bread. He is now convinced that he makes better bread... I say it all depends on what you are using it for...
In one sense, I have finished the wip but in another I am in a holding pattern. It can't be submitted until I know about the revisions of the last one. My editor has promised the revisions by the end of the week....
The thing to do is to start the longer more complex historical that I have been threatening to write. I have done my research which helps.
But I keep thinking that awful question --WHY. Why is is it important for my hero to be behaving the way he is. Why is it important for my heroine and why is she over him at the start and why will she fall in love with the person that he is now? It is always all about the people they are now, not hte people they were back when they first knew each other. Although they may carry the guilt, hurt and anger forward. People can not change the past. They can only go forward.

3 comments:

Donna Alward said...

I am guilty of using my breadmaker, but only letting it mix the dough. One of my favourites is foccacia, and having it with homemade soup.

And I can't WAIT to see what you are working on next. :-)

Cheryl St.John said...

I always use my breadmaker. But I have a wonderful recipe that makes the bread sliceable.

I am at the point of motivatng a character in a story I'm plotting. I know what I want to happen, but I have to make the reader buy into it.

I took part of yesterday off because my little guy had a toth pulled.

Cheryl St.John said...

um, that was TOOTH, but you knew that.

I usually spend more time trying to enter the jumbled letters than I do writing the post.