Friday, July 17, 2009

Puppies don't do rain

The pupies tried to convince me this morning that they did not do rain. Tess in particular refused to get out of her warm bed and go outside. They did finally go on their walk and puddles on the floor were avoided. It is so wet that Tess even agreed to be towelled. Hardy is now sitting beside the Aga, rather doing his morning mooch.



It is the RWA Nationals and so Donna Alward has updated the PHS with her doings and I have been avidly reading the Blogging Nationals which has a link to a variety of blogs. One always tries to find various rumours and snippets of news. Ah the joys of living vicariously. It does remind me though that the Big Part of writing is actually sitting down and writing the best story possible. It is the ONLY way to survive in this business.

I am attempting to write the best story possible (given my current state of understanding of craft etc) with my current work in progress and am nearing the end of the first draft. Once that is done, there is all to play for as I will have the straw to make the bricks. It can be made better.

2 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Oh I love it when they're little! All of my furchildren have hated the rain. We don't like to get our feet wet thank you very much!

Michelle Styles said...

Yes, they do not like wet paws.

I am looking forward to seeing how they cope iwth snow...