Saturday, September 06, 2008

Revisions

My long anticipated revisions for the next Viking story have arrived. Unfortunately, my editors agreed with my fear -- there are problems with the pacing. I suspect I know part of the cause -- an over complicated back story. This has resulted in the emotional identification being lessened. The motivations need to be increased and conflict between the two main characters strengthened.
Add to the mix the fact that I want to change part of the second half, and I have my work cut out for me.
The KISS principle needs to be put into operation and I have to decide what is important about this story and what is not. Luckily my editors have the faith that I can do this.
Anyway, I shall a busy few weeks ahead of me.

2 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Hugs, Michelle. But then again, you know you enjoy doing revisions :o) You'll be fine. Focus on the emotional intensity.

Unknown said...

Good luck! Am thinking positive thoughts in your direction. Are you ok with the flooding?