Monday, June 02, 2008

An Impulsive Debutante


I have put the excerpt for An Impulsive Debutante up on my website. You can find it here.

I had a great deal of fun writing this story. It is the sequel to A Christmas Wedding Wager and follows Lottie Charlton as she learns several important lessons.

The book was written after my dd begged for Lottie to have her own story, and I agreed. Lottie more than held her own, and became one of my favourite heroines. One piece of advice though -- when creating secondary characters, it is always best to figure out the full names,rather than simply use the nick names...No parent would ever name their child Charlotte Charlton. Hence, the Carlotta. Or as Lottie says -- the Dreaded Carlotta.

I adored Tristan Dyvelston as well which made things easier.

Viking Warrior Unwilling Wife should be out in the shops -- official publication date 6 June.

This means I will be doing another contest and newsletter for the 6th.
And I have no idea when either of these two will be available in the US. Amazon Canada carries the books, though.
Right I need to start seriously working on my longer historical, so that my shop front window does not become empty. There is a maxim about one of the best ways to become successful in publishing is to make sure that you have another book coming out...

1 comment:

Kate Hardy said...

Lovely cover, Michelle.