Friday, November 02, 2007

Improve your vocab

I blame Kate Hardy for this:

Free Rice -- it is a word game, for every word you get correct, they donate 10 grains of rice to the UN World Programme. It is addictive.

I am busy with my revisions. There is a good book in there, waiting to come out. It is a matter of changing a few things around and making sure it is going to be a super read. Ultimately I want the reader to have the best experience possible.

In sad news, the legendary HM&B writer Anne Weale died suddenly on 24 October. She wrote 88 novels for Mills and Boon, her first one -- Winter is Past in 1955 and her last in 2002. A career that spanned nearly fifty years. When I first started reading Harlequin, I know that she was one of the authors I reached for. Her specialty was the Sea Story. Among other things, she was one of the founding members of the Romantic Novelists Association. Liz Fielding has done a lovely tribute to her.

No comments: