Monday, September 17, 2007

Glamour Alert

It is that time of the year. The end of September and that means the annual AMBA day approaches. It is the day when the authors of Mills and Boon get together for lunch with a speaker or two and also have a lovely reception in the evening.
This year is going to be especially fun because I actually get to meet one of my lovely cp --Donna Alward in person. She is flying over for the event and will be have a whirlwind week of it.
There will be photos on my blog so if people want to live vicariously...It is one of those times that I feel like an author.
Back in September 2005, I felt a little intimidated because I arrived late and so many authors whom I read were there. Luckily Trish Wylie and Natasha Oakley discovered me looking lost. And the rest is history as one might say. However by the end, I did really feel like I was an author.
But before then, my week is full. I finished the first draft and am now polishing. At times, I think my muse is a broken record. Over and over and over on the same point. Hopefully I will catch most of these and then, it will be off to my editors next week.
In the meantime, I still have to take the honey off the bees. It has been such a lovely Indian Summer and the autumn flowers were very late that I have been reluctant BUT the days are getting cooler, so I shall have to brave the hives, put on the Porter bee escapes and take the honey off. Also the log man just called. The load of logs I ordered is arriving today. Why do I think my children will be less than overjoyed with this news? And I have just had to deal with a man from the electricity board on whether or not they should replace the electric pole in my garden.Answer -- no as it is not rotten. Ah, such is the life of the glamorous author.

2 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Uhhh... glamour?

Oh yeah. My semi-annual skirt-wearing. And make-up.

Scuttles back to keyboard and hides behind big box of tissues and mug of hot lemon and honey.

Michelle Styles said...

Am feeling very unglam as I have been trying on various outfits.
Writers butt and stomach remains an on going scenario...