Current Release

Current Release
Saved by the Viking Warrior

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Harlequin Historical Podcast

Through out the year, Harlequin has been doing a number of editorial podcasts. These give real insight into the editing of the different series. The current podcast is for the series that is closest to my heart -- Harlequin Historical. In it, Linda Fildew and Joann Carr discuss what they are looking for in a submission, which time periods are most popular, and how certain themes work better in certain periods. It is an absolute masterclass in how to write a HH, or indeed any hisotrical romance. It lasts about 35 minutes. As I listened (and yes, I know I should have been revising) I found ideas started pinging and several things that were said helped to crystallise points in the Governess one.
Now I just have to make sure that my Vikings rampage enough...


Jen Black said...

Thanks for the alert to this, Michelle. I'll pop right over and take a look.

Donna Alward said...

Ooh...I'm going to pass this on to my chapter mates.

And it truly is good to have you back.


juliemt said...

Really enjoyed listening to this, Michelle. Was rather surprised to hear that Tudor/Elizabethan books don't do so well for the company, despite all the interest in Phillipa Gregory, The Other Boleyn Girl and The Tudors.