Sunday, September 07, 2008

Flooding

Apparently, there has been a flood in Haydon Bridge and the A 69 was closed for a time. The flood happened where it flooded about 3 years ago.

My house is at the top of a hill. It is a steep hill and never gets any shorter, no matter the number of time I climb it. We do have a stream running through the garden, and it did have problems awhile ago, but this has been fixed. this meant that thankfully our back wall was safe and the emergency flood shelter at the high school was not in danger of flooding.

The rain is less and there have even been a few moments of sun.

My revisions are being thought about but I think I have a better handle on what needs to happen and the fundamental conflict between the two protagonists. Overly complex and muddled back stories do not make for a page turning story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are safe from the flooding. I wasn't sure whether the stream flooded or not.
I keep having to tell myself conflict, conflict, conflict.

Anonymous said...

My family in the north live in the coast between Morpeth and Alnwick and are accustomed to rough weather, but this time they have been out taking photos - several bridges have been damaged. So good to know that you and yours are safe.
Over complex back stories...that's me. My current heroine has more baggage than Victoria Beckham!
Great advice - thanks for that. LOL