Sunday, June 12, 2005

A lovely review

I had a pleasant surprise today. I did my daily check of The Lady Soldier on Amazon and a review was posted there. It was really unexpected. Someone who attended Kate Allan's launch party had pruchased a copy of the book -- not really intending on reading it but he had forgotten his newspaper and began to read the book on the tube on the way home. he stayed up until 3am, reading it!!

It is so great that someone enjoyed the book enough to write a review. It means a lot to me and I am sure to Kate.But for someone who was essentially doing a favour (and buying the book because Kate is attractive) and is not a natural reader of such books to stay up that late because he found it a page turner is absolutely thrilling news!!! I am so pleased he enjoyed it.

No comments: