Friday, September 28, 2012

Back from Provence

27 years ago, I spent several sun lit days in Arles. I am happy to report that Arles remains a magical place.
I had a great time and will blog later about all that I have seen (and eaten).
I saw lots of Roman and medieval ruins. There were Viking raids apparently but much of the medieval is post Viking period. We are talking Les Baux and Aigue Mortes -- so Crusades and tournament time.
My camera died -- apparently the battery became disconnected so I have lots of memories but few photos.

And I ate some wonderful food, including an epic meal of 17 courses (not including the coffee at the end!). We had thought it would be 13 and  the courses kept coming...The food was wonderful -- lots of flavour and creative use of vegetables. The surprise and wow factor was really there. The service was fantastic.

The AAs for An Ideal Husband? have arrived so they need to be done over the weekend.
I also need to update my website ad get the Goodreads giveaway organised for Hattie Wilkinson Meets Her Match. etc etc.

It was good to go away and not be near a computer for a week.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Glad you had a lovely few days in Provence. Shamefully, I've never been to France. It's something I must remedy one day. Caroline x