Monday, August 17, 2009

Hitting home

The weekend newspapers were all full of reports about A levels etc. After ignoring the impending date for the results (this Thursday), I find myself sucked into worry. It was far easier when I was going through it myself rather than worrying as a parent. At least then I knew how much I had studied and whether or not I had answered the questions correctly. There were things I could control.

The added complication this year is that there have been many more applicants and those who do not make the grades required, will not necessarily find a place through the clearing system.

The die is cast and the result is on Thursday. There is nothing practical or useful I can do, except support.


On a cheerier note:

Hardy is doing well with his fetching. He is marginally less obssessive complusive about it than his sister. The amount they both have grown over the last week is staggering.
Puppies do not stay little for long. Nor for that matter do children.

4 comments:

Donna Alward said...

My fingers are crossed! Though I am sure there is no need to worry.

Lacey Devlin said...

I can't believe how big Hardy's gotten! They do grow up so fast don't they? It's almost unfair :)

Caroline said...

Gosh! I can't believe how quickly the puppies have grown. They are cute still though! Take care. Caroline x

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs, on the exam angst.