Friday, March 28, 2008

A Four star review from the RomanticTimes


The very lovely Michelle Willingham passed along the information that The Romantic Times has given Taken by the Viking a four star review in its May issue.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read the review. The synopsis was correct. And Taken was rated hot. In other words, I had managed to hold the reviewer's attention.
I have been working on the lushness of my sensual scenes, particularly since The Roman's Virgin Mistress was only rated mild...And I do like a lush sensual scene...And it was/is more a matter of me improving and working on that in order to get the reader to have a great experience.

There again, I do think I am still improving in other areas as well. It is part of the wonderful mystery of the medium. I also like Twyla Tharp's imagery of the clock face, and how you work on polishing different things, then you get back to the top and start polishing again.

The key take away line in the review was Styles' descriptive writing and jump-off-the-pages characters shine in this awesome story. It is really wonderful when a reader thinks that and I am so pleased the story worked for her.

It is also an added boost as I am currently working on my third Viking and want this one to be every bit as good, if not better. It is also a reminder for me to focus and to make sure the read is good. Ultimately, the thing that is important is providing a good quality read and I am so pleased that the reviewer enjoyed Taken.
For those of you who are interested in such things, Michelle Willingham has an in depth interview with Harlequin Historical editor, Joanne Carr up on her blog. It makes for fascinating reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's brilliant, Michelle, especially that the reviewer picked up what you've been working on.

Congratulations!