The copy edits/author alterations for Compromising Miss Milton are done. I do try very hard to get it right and to notice things. I have started keeping lists of named characters so that I do not make a mistake and give two characters the same name. Been there, did that and had the alert copy editor spot it.
Copy edits/AAs are hard. You have to concentrate. I use a ruler to make me focus on the individual line rather than on the story and so it goes quicker. But I did have to look up the correct spelling of carcass. It is not carcase.
Now all I have to do is to wait for the revisions of the ms I turned in at the end of July and to write the next one before the end of October.
I need to update my website and get the excerpts on there.
In other news:
The idiotic Land Rover driver who sent my daughter and I diving for a ditch when we were out walking the puppies the other week has had the inevitable crash. He managed to lose control on the bend this morning and took out three parked cars further down the bank.
I am only grateful that no one was hurt and that he avoided smashing into our wall. I suspect the ram raider bollards might have had something to do with that. It is funny how some people are happy to smash into brick walls but not ram raider bollards where they know they will do damage to their car. I do feel sorry for the owners of the now totalled vehicles. The Land Rover was not in very good shape either and was towed. Perhaps he will drive a bit more cautiously now.