Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Eye operation

The date for the right eye is 20 Dec.
The consultant is from New Zealand, and has connections to Stanford which is where my mother had her eyes done years ago. We had a dicussion about multi focal lenses but decided to go with one eye being slight short sighted, and the other long. The consultant thought it was best. He was wearing one contact in his right eye to simulate the experience so that he could better advise. The problem with multi-focal lenses is that with the lenses many people find their vision is not as good as it once was.
My eyes once done should be that of a healthy 65 year old's. As you get older you lose the ability to have your eyes multi-focal. Hence why many people use reading glasses.
At the moment, my eyes are dilated, so I am typing without my glasses. An interesting experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, your consultant sounds great - really empathetic, and it's important to have someone who understands the emotional side as well as the technical side. Wish I could do more than just send you a cyberhug and cyber-reassurance; but here's a very, very big hug.