Monday, August 07, 2006

Back

I arrived back in the UK this morning after three weeks away.

I will post pictures as Iceland is lovely as well as being highly organised for tours and the like.
I have fewer pictures of the Adirondacks because my middle kept forgetting to take her camera with her. The house where we stayed was the former great house of a Great Camp (built around 1900) and was fantastic -- right on the lake. With plenty of charm. My mother had lived there as a child for a time.

Iceland was cool but the US was meltingly hot and humid. There were also bugs, bugs and more bugs. Being bathed in sweat with rivulets of bug spray trickling into your eyes is not an experience I am in any hurry to repeat, but the views were fantastic. Everyone kept telling us that the Adirondacks were not normally so hot...Star Lake was lovely and cool though.

Iceland did not appear to have bugs. Its hot water is fueled by hot springs and smells of sulphur...

My friend Donna Alward sold her first book to HM&B while I was away.

And my interiveiw with e-harlequin's Inner Scoop is now up. I have also recieved a box of NA Gladiator's Honor as well as four Large Print The Marriage Inheritance from Linford Romance.

I have had the revisions for VW and they look highly doable and will no doubt make the mss much stronger. They are very minor tweaks, but crucial. Now just to execute them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Michelle - missed you!

Look forward to seeing the pics.

And snap on the tweaks :o)

Evanne Lorraine said...

In case you haven't seen it.
http://super_librarian.blogspot.com/has your cover featured.

Anne McAllister said...

Welcome back, Michelle! Hope you had a great time. The weather has cooled down since you left (well, maybe not out east, but here!)

See you next month!

Liz Fielding said...

Welcome home, Michelle. Your trip sunds magical -- Iceland is one of those places I've always wanted to visit. Better make it soon!

Donna Alward said...

Welcome back! I just read your "Inside Scoop". WTG! yay! Very cool.

It's so, so exciting watching your career explode. I can't wait to see what you're working on next!

D