Monday, August 14, 2006

And sometimes you are the bug

I have a fondness for Mary Chapin Carpenter and her songs. I discovered her about 12 years ago The one which is playing through my head is the one about Sometimes you are the windshield and sometime you are the bug.

Yesterday was an eventful day. It started noramly enough. In fact it was normal up to 3 o'clock. Then the hot water pipe burst inside the AGA. The first I knew about it, my dh was screaming at me to come and see. As he had just screamed about there being no hot water for his shower, and I was busy with laundry, I was not best pleased. However, once I realised the situation, it was all hands on deck.
The water had flowed out and was busily dripping down into the basement. The rugs are the bottom of the staris were soaked. The well around the Aga was covered in warm red brown silt and water poured from its side. We turned everything off and still the water flowed out. I think we finally drained last bit of water from the house....Anyway, now today I have to see about getting it fixed as my usual plumber is on holiday. As we have another boiler, I suspect that the Aga shall to be bypassed. The thought of having to have it taken apart...

There is no reason why the pipes should have gone -- except the water pressure has been funny lately and the pipes are very old.

All this has meant that HVC was not worked on and I shall have to try to catch up in the next few days...

3 comments:

Donna Alward said...

((((Michelle)))) on the AGA woes...hopefully things get turned around for you and you get back to normal.

Anne McAllister said...

Ouch, Michelle! Not fun. Hope you get it sorted soon and can 'escape' back into fiction!

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Michelle - hope the plumbers get things sorted pronto for you.