Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New York magazine, smut and The Viking's Captive Princess

My brother in law let me know that the New York Magazine has done an article on *smut* aka the Romance genre for most normal people. At the end of the article, they have a flow chart to help the novice smut reader find the right book. If you don't care about demographics, want your romance set in the past, at sea and wearing a Viking helmet, they reccomend The Viking's Captive Princess.
As I do like the cover, I was pleased to see it there. Luckily despite it being out several years, it remains available as an ebook.
The article amused me, particularly as there is no getting around how popular the genre is.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Interesting post Michelle. It's also interesting that they use the word "smut" to describe all generes of romance. Smut, according to my dictionary, (and how I view the word) is described as - "something obscene or indecent" - not how I see the romance genere at all! Caroline x