Monday, February 28, 2011

Update on reshaping

After about 2 weeks of doing the Jillian Michaels 6 Weeks Six Pack Flat Abs Fast, I can report that the reshaping continues. I was able to tighten my belt another notch yesterday. Considering two weeks after I started the Shred, I couldn't even reach the first notch, I take it as a huge positive.
 I have started mixing it up with her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which is pure cardio. Again Jillian is her usual motivating self. I suspect that No More Trouble Zones is mostly strengthening -- this might be a treat to myself later in the year.  6 weeks 6 Pack is mainly focused on abs. 6 week 6 pack takes 40 minutes whereas Banish Fat takes 50 minutes. I ended up dripping sweat after each. It is all about doing more each time. The post workout high is something to be savoured.
Since I started really thinking about mindless eating, and making sure that I sat down and had protien with each meal/snack, my weight has been decreasing. I am now seven pounds lighter than when I started the Jillian Michaels regime. That makes 32 lbs lighter than this summer. I still have more to go before I get within my Healthy Weight BMI but am now well within the Overweight rather than the Obese section. Small victories are worth celebrating. It is about me taking charge and responsibility for my body.
If my journey inspires anyone, I would recommend starting with the 30 Day Shred (beginner, level 1). It does not matter about your past, or how fit you were in... name the year, it matters about today and making positive starts. I am always happy to provide  support. Let me know how you are doing. 
 If you haven't discovered The Healthy Writer blog -- it is also a useful place to lurk. I know  Trish Milburn's posts on the Biggest Loser inspired me to buy The Shred as I knew about Jillian Michaels from her.
Accountability and keeping myself on track are part of the reason why I keep posting about my reshaping process.

With positives, I gained insight into my current wip at the weekend and think I have FINALLY figured out my hero's conflict and how the heroine is going to help him to grow. Always a positive. It is all about BLEEDING on the bloody page but this one is a weepie. Hopefully it will have people reaching for the handkerchiefs.

1 comment:

Rula Sinara said...

32 pounds!!! That's fantastic! Congratulations!

'Bleeding on the bloody page'

I need to remember that as a Michelle Styles quote :) I love it.