Current Release

Current Release
Sold to the Viking Warrior

Thursday, October 15, 2009

October Newsletter and Mr Rochester



My October Newsletter went out this morning. The Reader contest (void where prohibited) is for a signed copy of Carla Capshaw's debut novel -- The Gladiator. It is the first Roman set historical that Love Inspired Historical has done and is an excellent read. I look forward to reading more books by Carla. If you did not get my newsletter and think you should, I would ask you to resign up and I will forward the newsletter. There is a click through email that you do have to use. The contest closes on 31 October.




I see that Mills & Boon has done a reader survey and Mr Rochester has come top in most romantic literary hero -- beating Sharpe and Mr Darcy. Personally I have been a fan of Mr Rochester since I first read Jane Eyre way back when I first visited my great aunt in South Carolina. Yes, he is a flawed hero but he redeems himself. He is selfish and decides to grab love with both hands when it comes. Would I have been as principled as Jane and left Mr Rochester for the icy moor? The ending scene is wonderful... I may have to re watch Jane Eyre with Toby Stephens...somehow Johnny Lee Miller as Mr Knightley does not give the same thrill.

3 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

Jane, I want a wife.

I love that Ruth Wilson/Toby Stephens finale! She's so self-possessed, knowing she'll get her way on this. And he just can't help it.

Caroline Storer said...

Carla's cover looks great, and the book looks like a good read too. (On her website there is a link to a sample of the book that you can read!)

I loved all your "Romans's" BTW and it was from reading your books that inspired me to write a book, and I've got a partial out with HM&B at the moment - no surprise's it's a Roman! Fingers crossed! Take care. Caroline x

Linda Yezak said...

Carla's book looks really good. I love that historical period. I hope her sales are high!