On Friday, I received the lovely news that the mss formerly known as The Pirate's Bargained Bride will officially be called Sold And Seduced.
I am very pleased the Historical Editing Team came up with such a great title. It reminds me of the old titles I used to buy back in the mid 80s. With this title, I wouldn't even have bothered with the back cover, I would have had to have it.
Fingers crossed they do commission artwork for it as they did for A Noble Captive. I can hardly wait to be able to post the final cover as the mock ups are lovely and inspirational. They are up on my wall. If I get that sort of quality, I will be very happy indeed.
The thing about titles is that they are a marketing decision. As long as I can concentrate on making what goes inside the covers the best it possibly can be, I am very glad to put my faith in HM&B's ability to sell books and this involves the cover choice, title and back cover copy as well as the teaser in the front. They have far more expertise in it than I do.
Currently I am hard at work on VW. I want to have it finished within the next few weeks, so I will have time to edit it before handing it to my editor. At the moment, I think it is pretty good, but I have to keep reminding myself of the hard lessons I have learnt. First and foremost to make the turning points proactive, rather than reactive.