Saturday, January 14, 2006

A list of sevens


Kate Hardy had this on her blog and nominated me. And as it is time wasting, I did it.

Seven things to do before I die
1Walk a pilgrimage trail
2See my children grown up into honourable adulthood
3See the Holy Land
4Finish Will’s dragon
5Write a mainstream novel
6Finish the garden
7grow old
Seven things that first attracted me to my DH
1His voice
2His twinkling blue eyes
3 His broad shoulders
4His sense of humour
5His travel experience
6His smile
7His height
Seven books I love most ( okay this list could stretch and it is off the top of my head)
1Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
2Persuasion by Jane Austen
3Gone with The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
4The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness D’Orczy
5Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier
6These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Seven Movies I love most -- no order
1Guys and Dolls
2Sound of Music
3Casablanca
4 Parent Trap – the original version
5 It’s A Wonderful Life
6 Gigi
7 Beach Music
Seven things I can't do
1 crochet
2sing in tune (My eldest used to plead with me not to sing)
3 walk by a bookshop with peeking in
4 pass up a piece of chocolate
5 fold clothes as neatly as my mother
6 colour within the lines
7 back a car down a steep and windy hill
Seven words or phrases I say most often
1 No, you can’t go to Moscow. (apparently I once told my eldest he could and now if the children think I am paying too much attention to my writing, they ask)
2 Will somebody please just help (can you tell I am a mother?)
3 You can, if you just try
4 I’ll put the kettle on
5 Just calm down, breathe
6 On your bed – said to the dogs, occasionally to the children
7 It’s not a problem. I have the time. It will get done.


I nominate Donna Alward, Nell Dixon, Sela Carsen

1 comment:

Sela Carsen said...

You're terrible. I'll probably do it later on tonight or tomorrow. BTW, can I go to Moscow? ;)