Monday, September 27, 2010

His Stand Bride -- starting 15 November

I am very happy to announce that His Stand In Bride will be the Weekly Online Serial for eharlequin starting 15 November and going through until 3 January. My editor for that has accepted it and I'm thrilled with how it worked out. It is a free read.

1 November is now far closer than I'd thought so it is head down and writing time.

The New Voices finalists were announced. It is a strong line up and my fingers are crossed.
If you weren't a finalist, it doesn't mean you can't submit the traditional way. Use what you have learnt via the contest and reading other entries. See the pitfalls. Be objective with your work and then go for it. Finish the first draft and submit the first three chapters and synopsis.

6 comments:

Joanna St. James said...

my husband is gutted, luckily he is not the writer, congratulations once again and you raise a good point not being chosen does not equal a rejection

Unknown said...

Michelle, congratulations on His Stand in Bride! Finished my (so graciously) autographed copy of his Impulsive Debutante. It's been a long time since I indulged in a historical. And yours was a real treat!

Amy

Sophia Harrop said...

Congratulations Michelle, I shall certainly be over for a read in November. Have been reading through the New Voices finalists today - it's interesting to see what caught the judges' eyes! And yes, I'll be getting 3 chapters and a synopsis off via the conventional route as soon as I can!

Michelle Styles said...

Joanna -- It is not a R, it is an opportunity to get your work to really sing.

Amy -- I am so glad you enjoyed AID. I had a lot of fun writing it.

Sophia -- yes, do submit your first three chapters and synopsis. POlish it up and really focus on the current relationship.

dubai rental property said...

Pretty good post. I just came across your site and wanted to say that I’ve really liked reading your posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you write again soon!

Michelle Styles said...

I hope you enjoy the free online read when it comes dubai rental property. I will put a link up.