Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Working away

It's half-term and the children are at home. Unexpectedly the decorator showed up yesterday morning. We were expecting him at the start of LAST month but he got delayed and I sort of thought he would be delayed again.
So now my quiet house reverbates to the sound of radio 2, the wallpaper steamer and the children's disputes. The place is a tip andI have discovered the plate rack I thought lovely and old fashioned in the hallway was in fact put in by the former do-it-up-on-the-cheap owners and it is very lucky I never ever put anything heavy on it... Said plate rack now exists as firewood and the bits and pieces have been redistributed.
I suspect this is going to go on for several weeks....
When I first became very serious about writing, we were getting the upstairs redone. Having people in the house tends to make me concentrate.I can't go traisping around as I want to leave them to get on with their work.
Fortunately I finished the first go round of my sensual scene before they showed up. I shall have to work on this in the early morning hours before everyone else is up as for such things I must have total silence.
My writing is now going at more than a snails pace and I begin to see the light. It will get done and edited before the 14 of July. But if I put up one of those word meters I fear I will become like a rabbit in the headlights, too scared to write.

And the naughty duck lives. She woke us up at 3:30 in the morning, quaking her head off. At that time in the morning, I no longer care if the fox gets her or not. Hopefully she will soon decide that her eggs won't hatch and return to the fold as it were. I don't want to think about ducklings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you never put china in that plate rack! Frightening thought.

Best of luck getting the book done!